We are always looking for singers! If you can sing, enjoy our music and would like to join the choir, we hold several auditions throughout the year. To get on the list for the next audition, please:
- Review the information listed below, including preparation for the audition;
- Complete an audition application form online and submit
- Send any questions you might have to out auditions coordinator, Elizabeth Reilly using the contact form below on this page
All submissions will receive a response back.
Important Information for Those Considering Auditioning:
We rehearse from September to June on Monday nights, 7:15 – 9:30. The vast majority of our rehearsals are at St. Andrews Wesley in downtown Vancouver.
Choir members are not required to read music (although it’s helpful if you do). Choir members are expected to do some rehearsal on their own between choir rehearsals to ensure you know your parts in the repertoire. To help with this, the MMC has a members’ only section on the website that includes lyrics, full scores and MP3’s of the various parts for most of the songs in our repertoire.
Preparation for the Audition:
- Complete and submit an audition form. Await a reply to advise of your audition date/time.
- For the audition, you will be taken through a series of scales and arpeggios, to test your range and help you to warm up.
- You will be asked to sing a song of your choice. It should be something you are comfortable with – preferably in Gospel style but that isn’t mandatory.
- Keep it fairly short. For longer songs, you may be asked to limit your performance so a verse and chorus.
- Bring a chord or music chart with you for piano accompaniment.
- You may be tested on matching/finding pitches (i.e. the chorale director may hum a note, or the pianist may play a note, and you’ll be asked to replicate that note).
- You will be asked to harmonize (by ear) – usually to a well-known song, as one of the Directors sing.
- No comment is made by the Directors in the audition. You will be notified within a few days of the audition and advised if your audition was successful.
Thank you for your interest!